Thursday, May 7, 2009

Corn in Your Poop for Sure.

As some of you may know, I rather enjoy cooking. I also have a husband and many friends who rather enjoy eating. Match made in heaven, I know. And whilst it might seem unsettling to eat something that I have prepared, what with my penchant for pooping and wiener handling, I swear I always wash my paws after said activities.

I do quite a bit of cooking at my house, mostly for my old man. And unfortunately his palate is not very sophisticated. That's not a dis on him, he likes what he likes. It just greatly limits what I can cook for him that he will actually eat, which can get kind of boring. He is the typical "meat and potatoes"-eating red blooded male. Seriously folks, the list of vegetables this man will eat is very short. So, I spend a lot of time thinking up new and exciting ways to fix canned corn!!

I thought I would share one of the recipes that I came up with recently because it turned out pretty well. I call it:

Corn in Your Poop for Sure (serves 2)

Ingredients:

1 can of white and yellow whole kernel sweet corn
2 slices of bacon
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
1/2 cup chopped apple (any variety of apple will do and you can leave the skin on or peel it.)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
salt and pepper to taste

Cook your bacon until crisp and remove from skillet. In the bacon drippings, saute the onion and the apple on medium to medium-high heat until the onion is translucent (approximately six minutes). Open the can of corn and drain off all of the liquid. Add the entire can of corn to the apple and onion mixture. Crumble the crispy bacon and add it to the corn. Stir in the cumin and chili powder and allow to cook for approximately five to six minutes until heated through. Salt and pepper to taste.

I know the apple sounds like a weird addition, but it compliments the sweetness of the corn well. And if my old man will eat it, that is really saying something. Plus, you'll have a toilet bowl full of corn studded turds to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment